AU Policy Information
An Athabasca University student has the right to appeal actions, decisions and grades. See Student Appeals Policy. Students appealing decisions regarding Academic Records, Examinations, Registrations, Withdrawals or Extensions, must use the Office of the Registrar Appeal Form.
- Student Appeals Policy - outlines processes and rules related to most AU administrative processes including appealing marks.
- Student Academic Misconduct Policy- identifies academic offences punishable by the University and in some cases, by law. The Policy also includes the process used to appeal charges of academic misconduct.
- Non-Academic Misconduct Policy - non-academic offences, as defined in this Policy are grounds for disciplinary action. The Policy also identifies the appeal process.
- Undergraduate Course Withdrawal and Refund Policy - Individualized Study - outlines the regulations for withdrawing and obtaining a refund in an individualized study course and the effect the withdrawal has on the official student record.
- Undergraduate Course Withdrawal and Refund Policy - Grouped Study - outlines the regulations for withdrawing and obtaining a refund in a grouped study course and the effect the withdrawal has on the official student record.
For information regarding withdrawal and refund regulations for graduate programs, see the Graduate Program regulations.